Ponytails are a staple hairstyle for any day of the week, especially on a bad hair day! Simply pull your hair back and you’ll be out the door! However if you want to mix it up, we’ve got the latest ponytail trend ready for you!
At VS HQ our current obsession is frizz-free ponytails. We’ve served up a 3 part series of how-to ponytail tutorials so you can grab our pony hairstyling tips and put them in your back pocket to pull out when you’re ready to style them up!
The last in our series is the fun and playful bubble ponytail which is perfect for medium length and long hair. When we say bubble, you could also call it a bobble ponytail and whichever way you prefer, our easy peasy tutorial will make you want to dress up that pony.
Check out our tutorial by VS Stylist Rob Reeves and you’ll be bubbling along with your new doo in no time! PLUS below is our top 7 favourite bubble ponytails as seen on the Gram so make sure you take a peak for more inspo.
PRO TIP: The trick to an amazing bubble ponytail is all in the volume. If you don’t have big, round beautiful bubbles then it can look a tad flat. If you’re hair texture is fine to normal then make sure you inject volume into your hair before you style it. We’ve used the Frizz Defense Straightening Brush to smooth, style and add gorgeous volume.
1. Create smooth straight hair with volume using a Straightening Brush.
2. Section the hair from the top of the ear passing through the crown and create a high ponytail.
PRO TIP: Use a tail comb to make sure it’s super smooth.
3. Clip the ponytail out of the way and create a second ponytail with the remaining hair.
5. Release the top ponytail and backcomb underneath.
6. Secure the first ponytail with a hair elastic then secure into the second ponytail.
7. Soften the ponytail into a round shape using your fingers
8. Backcomb the second ponytail.
9. Secure with a hair elastic about half way down to create a second bubble.
And that's how you create an on-trend, voluminous bubble ponytail!
To get this frizz-free, stunning look our model used the Frizz Defense Straightening Brush for super smooth volume.
We’ve seen the bubble ponytail rocking it out on the gram and we’ve put a few of our faves below to give you more inspiration on how you can personalise your style.
1. Roxy Jacenko pulls off the Bubble Ponytail and adds leather bows for a girly touch.
Image source: @roxyjacenko
2. A gorgeous look for summer with a long, sweeping fringe, stylish hat and big sunglasses.
Image source: @_hairbykinsey
3. What a gorgeous spin off for a wedding hairstyle - it’s definitely romantic with a touch of delicate white flowers.
4. Mix up your pony with one bubble.
PRO TIP: take a section of hair and wrap around your elastic to hide it and finish your style.
Image source: @thisislaurendavis
5. Bubble pigtails anyone? We love this adorable take.
Image source: @fashionablykay
Image source: @lacoquettenovias
7. Super cute girly look with a whole mane of bubble ponytails!
Image source: @winterhair
Love this style? Then check out our other ponytail tutorials!
Now you’re armed with a hair tutorial and loads of inspiration on how to style up your bubble ponytail you have to give this simple and girly hairstyle a go! We’d love to see your hair creations, tag us on insta @VS_Sassoon and #LoveVSstyle
To help you get that super volume in your hair don’t forget to try one of our volume making hair tools like the Frizz Defense Straightening Brush, the Frizz Defense Hot Air Styler or Frizz Defense AC Salon Dryer. With their anti-frizz technology your hair be full of volume and with no frizz!
Love Your Style, the VS Sassoon Team x