Are you a short haired gal? Short hair is any length above the ears to below the chin and can range from pixie cuts to bobs and crops. If this is you, then read on! In this post we share the best way to dry your short locks and how to style them without the frizz for a radiant finish!
Short hair is super on trend, and we’re seeing it on celebrities everywhere! There’s the classic Victoria Beckham short hairstyle, Lucy Hale the Queen of Bob haircuts, Emma Stone and Charlize Theron who rock it too. Short hair is all over Instagram and when styled right it looks hawt!
However, we hear you short haired friends! Sometimes it’s not as easy to style. It takes practice and technique to get your mop looking oh-so good and insta worthy.
Fear not, watch our tutorials on how to dry and style short hair and you’ll be thanking us! VS Sassoon Stylist Rob Reeves and the stunning short-haired Rochelle show you how to get rid of frizz and glam up your short hairstyles.
Our hair tutorials are a quick and easy way to learn what to do. We've even got step-by-step guides below our video so watch, read and learn!
Rob’s Tip: For maximum volume through the front, wrap and dry the hair in the opposite direction to which you want the finished style. You can check this out at 0:34.
Rob’s Tip: Wrap each section of hair in an alternate direction for added texture. You can see this at 0:33
How you dry your short hair can make a big difference to the volume and texture of your locks. Fret not! Our hair experts are here to make sure you don’t go wrong with our easy-to-follow tips.
1. Pre-dry hair to 80% dry and divide into three sections.
2. Place the brush underneath with the dryer on top.
3. Wrap and roll your hair around the brush.
4. Once dry, activate the cold shot to set your style.
5. Repeat until dry.
6. For maximum volume through the front, dry your hair in the opposite direction to which you want the finished look.
Flip it over then style with fingers.
And that's how you create a volume blow dry on short hair without the frizz.
Rochelle used the VS Sassoon Brilliance 5Q High Performance Dryer and with a round brush.
1. Start with blow dried hair and divide into 2 sections.
2. Hold the styler horizontally or vertically towards the head depending on the desired wave direction. Using the other hand wrap the hair around the section and hold in the hair for 5 to 10 seconds.
3. Repeat on all sections.
4. Continue this technique on the other side and through the front sections.
5. Use your fingers to style your hair.
And that's how you create sassy waves on short hair!
To take it to the next level try adding some bobby pins in a fan design by tucking one side behind the ear and securing with your pins.
Rochelle used the Straight & Curl Brilliance for smooth, frizz-free waves.
Frizz is out and smooth is in! Watch our blog for more posts coming up that are all about frizz and the anti-frizz product to help manage it.
In the meantime, we have so many video tutorials you can check out for more do it yourself easy hairstyles at home. You can create these DIY looks with our range of stylers, dryers and straighteners and create your own individual style at home.
Want more including chances to win? Then check out our VIP group and join us for promotions, competitions and to keep up to date with all things hair!
Love Your Style, from the VS Sassoon Team! x