1. PREPARE YOUR HAIR
a. Wash and untangle your hair carefully using a large toothed comb
• Expert’s advice – always untangle your damp hair at the tips and slowly work up your hair towards your scalp (gently untangling your hair prevents split ends from forming).
b. Towel dry or pre-dry your hair. (Your styler can be used on wet/damp hair or dry hair – for best results use your styler when hair is damp).
c. Select the Tension control that best suits your hair type
• Expert’s advice – in order to familiarize yourself with the styler, it is suggested that you use the Tension on control 1 (the weakest tension), until you’ve found the setting that best suits your hair type.
d. Work in steps
1. Clip the top layer of hair up using one or more clips and start with the hair underneath and at the nape of your neck.
2. Continue with the hair at the back of your head and then the hair on the sides.
3. Finish by using the cool setting.
• Expert’s advice – for best styling results, while maintaining tension, slowly pull the styler down along the hair section, towards the ends of the hair. It is very important to hold the hair section firmly taut when using the product (as you would do with a straightener). At the end of the hair section, release the pressure and allow the hair section to slide out. Repeat process as necessary until the desired effect is achieved. (It may be necessary to repeat this process on certain areas, depending on the texture and thickness of your hair).
These are recommendations only, practice makes perfect!
2. STRAIGHTEN, SHINE AND VOLUME
This straightening brush is the ideal styling tool for straightening and creating volume with maximum shine.
Straightening with volume
• To reduce the volume of thick or voluminous hair, place the head of the Airstyle on top of the section
of hair and slide slowly down the section to the bottom.
• To add body to fine or flat hair, place the head of the Styler underneath the section of hair; it will straighten and create volume while lifting the roots and adding body.
• Repeat if necessary and fi nish with the cool setting on the section to perfect the hold.
Creating volume at the roots
• Take up a section of hair of about 3cm wide and place the head of the styler as close as possible to the roots, under the section. Ensure that the combs go through your hair completely.
• Rotate the styler approximately 45° while sliding it toward the ends. This rotating movement will add maximum volume to your roots.
• Repeat if necessary and finish with the cool setting.