USING THE TRIMMING BLADES + COMB GUIDE
1. Switch the trimmer on by pressing the On/Off button.
2. Based on your desired trimming length, select your desired comb guide:
• STUBBLE COMB GUIDE - 0.4mm - 5.0mm – this is the pre-attached comb guide
• BEARD COMB GUIDE - 5.4mm - 10.0mm – this is the second comb guide that attaches over the top of the stubble comb guide
3. To adjust the cutting length of your trimmer, simply use the ‘‘+’’ or ‘‘-’’ buttons to adjust the comb guides to the required trimming length.
4. When trimming, the teeth of the comb guide should be pointing upwards and should be flat against the face.
5. Move the trimmer upwards through the hair, a little at a time. It is suggested to trim the hair in the direction of hair growth, as trimming against the direction of growth could cause a rash or irritation. The ultra-flex contouring head will follow the curves of your face to ensure both accuracy and comfort.
6. Pull the skin firmly with one hand during the trimming process to ensure the closest trim possible.
7. Move the trimmer slowly and carefully, so as not to cut any hair you do not intend to trim.
8. Just like shaving, extra time should be given when trimming under the neck area, as again this is where hairs grow in many different directions.
9. Trim, shape and define your facial hair as needed.
USING THE TRIMMER WITHOUT THE COMB GUIDE
The SUPER BEARD XTP can be used without the comb guide attached. This is ideal for detailing/shaping and general tidying of edges. If you are looking for an ultra-close finish, you can use the trimmer without the comb guide. This will give you an extremely short cut.
1. To detach the comb guide, gently hold the trimmer in one hand and with your thumb and index finger push up on each side of the comb guide.
2. Flip the comb guide to the back of the unit, gently pull down and secure under the latch to lock into place.
3. To release the comb guide, pull down and move away from the latch.