1. Ensure the trimmer is switched off.
2. Select the desired trimming length setting as required.
3. Switch the trimmer on – the blades will start to move.
4. Start cutting at the nape of the neck, holding the trimmer with the teeth of the trimmer pointing upwards, ensuring that the comb guide is resting flat against the head.
5. Slowly move the trimmer upwards and outwards through the hair towards your crown, against the direction of the hair growth. The comb guide will help to lift the hair and the blades will cut the hair to the length as shown on the comb guide.
6. Once the desired length is achieved at the back of the hair, start trimmer the top and sides.
7. Hold the trimmer to the front of your hair with the teeth pointing towards the back of your head, and move the trimmer towards your crown. Repeat as necessary, moving in rows from the front and the sides of your head to the back.
8. The trimmer will work most efficiently when cutting through hair at its own speed.
9. Never switch the appliance off whilst in the hair.
10. To remove the comb guide, simply press in the middle section of the comb guide and push all the way to the top until you can remove it from the trimmer.