What suits my Face Shape
What Suits my Face Shape?
There are a number of things to consider when choosing a new hairstyle. The first issue to address is how to choose the right hairstyle for your face shape. When choosing a new hairstyle it is most important to know your face shape, as this will help to determine which cut will best enhance your facial features.
A Round Face
A round face shape is usually quite wide and has fuller cheeks and a rounded chin. For men with a rounded face, the most important thing to remember is balance. Creating a cut with more fullness on the top and front of the head, and leaner looking hair on the sides of the head is key in helping to reduce the face looking more round than it actually is. Steer clear of full or round hairstyles and try to create square hairstyles. This can be achieved by using the different length selections on the VS For Men i-clipTM Automatic Hair Clipper - use a longer length setting on the top of the head and a shorter length setting on the sides of the head, making sure that the change in length is not too dramatic.
It is recommended that for men with this face shape, you should avoid strong sideburns; however a beard or moustache may better suit this type of face.
A Square Face
Square face shapes have a strong jaw line, a similar width between the forehead, cheeks and jaw and usually also have a square-looking hairline.
Similar to the round face shape, it's important to create balance with square faces - avoid very short hair cuts and styles. Creating a cut that is slightly longer on the top and shorter on the sides will help to create that balance. Make sure the hair is clean and well-groomed around the ears to avoid any messy looks. Use the left and right ear guides VS For Men Metro Turbo Power 39pc Titanium Hair Clipper & Personal Grooming Kit to achieve this look.
An Oval Face
Men who have an oval face shape can usually carry any type of hair cut and style. Having said that, it is best to pay attention and consider highlighted features of your face, such as a large nose, thin or fuller lips and wider eyes, as you may need to adapt the hairstyle based on these features. Creating hair cuts that bring the hair away from the face are best for men with oval shape faces. Creating a simple cut that is short on the sides and short around the top of the head can be perfect for men with oval shape faces. Use the VS For Men Metro Power Deluxe to achieve this simple style.
A Long Face
Men with oblong or long face shapes would best suit a style which is longer on the sides and shorter on the top. It is suggested to have a cut that that has layers or thinning on the top of the head with slightly longer sides. This will help the face appear less oblong and provide better balance. Use the thinning setting on the VS For Men i-clipTM Hair Clipper to add that finishing touch.
For men that have this type of face shape, a neatly groomed beard or moustache can add a shortening horizontal line to the face, helping to make the face look less oblong as well.
If your face shape does not fit within the common face shapes mentioned above, there are a number of other common face shapes which could describe your face:
• Pear-shaped faces have a wide forehead, narrow chin area and small cheekbones. These faces are usually wider at the bottom. A hair cut that is fuller at the temples and has a thinner top is best for this face shape. To thin the hair at the top of the head, use the VS For Men i-clipTM Automatic Hair Clipper.
• If you have a pointy chin and a wide forehead, with a face shape much like a love heart, then slightly longer hair around the top and front of the face, with the hair swept across the face, just above the eyebrow would be suitable for this face shape. For hair with a fringe and more fullness at the front, use a VS Sassoon Pro Traveller Styler or VS Sassoon Slim Ceramic Straightener to sweep the fringe and longer hair across the top of the face. A neatly trimmed beard can be well suited to this face shape.
• If you have a forehead and jawline that is narrow with wide cheekbones, then you have a face which is shaped much like a diamond. The key to this face shape is finding a hair cut and style that will balance the narrow chin. Go with a leaner cut - one that is narrow around the cheek area, and keep some fullness at the top of the head - at the crown if this helps to balance your look.
Lifestyle is an important consideration when choosing the right hair cut and style to suit. Your hairstyle makes a big impact on the way you look, so it is important to keep your hair clean and well-groomed using a good quality styling tool.
If you're a business professional or if you travel frequently, you'll want a cut that looks great in any situation. You'll need a cut that requires less maintenance and minimal styling, so you're always looking your best. A mid length or short cut can work best in this situation - a cut that is of a medium length, and is neatly tapered around the ears and back of the neck.
If you spend a lot of time outside, or have little time to spend on yourself, you'll want a cut that is very low maintenance and requires little attention. A cut that is quite short will suit the busy man best. Simply using a hair clipper to cut and trim the hair and keeping the ears and sideburns looking neat is the easy answer!
If you're creative, and you have the right face shape, you can carry any type of hair cut and style, from a shaggy, freshly washed look to a short, shaved look.
If you opt for a haircut and style with sideburns, using a product such as the VS For Men Metro Turbo Power 39pc Titanium Hair Clipper & Personal Grooming Kit can provide you with great flexibility to cut, trim and shape.
Sideburns form an important part of your style statment. They can be trimmed short, mid or long to vary your look. They can also help provide a good balance to facial features.
It's important to remember to:
• never cut the sideburns higher than any point above the top of the ear
• always trim the sideburns so that they are even with each other, otherwise this can make the face look very uneven
• depending on your face shape, never let the sideburns grow too long, otherwise they can look very uneven and messy
• always maintain your sideburns and trim then when you cut your hair. Making the sideburns in-line with the length of your head hair can make the face look more even
• comb the sideburns neatly, following down the direction of the hair
• trim the bottom edge of the sideburns horizontally - always make the ends of the sideburns neat and never leave messy.
VS for Men have some great gift ideas for Dad's and special occasions.
i-PROTM Intensive VS7475A
i-clipTM Automatic VS7930A
Metro Turbo Power VS318DA