2 year warranty
VS SASSOON 2 YEAR WARRANTY TERMS
The Warranty commences from the date of purchase and continues for a period
of [twenty four months] ("Warranty Period") after which it expires.
Subject to the Conditions below, Conair warrants to original purchaser
("Purchaser") of the VS Sassoon product that is the subject of this warranty
("Product") that if during the Warranty Period, the Product suffers from any
defect caused by faults in materials or workmanship, Conair will replace the
Product, or exchange defective parts in the Product or repair the Product, as
Conair may choose in its discretion ("Warranty"). In this Warranty "Conair"
means Conair Australia Pty Limited (ABN 64 068 492 044) in relation to
Products purchased in Australia and Conair New Zealand Ltd in relation to
Products purchased in New Zealand.
1. The Product must be used in accordance with manufacturer's instructions. This
Warranty does not apply should the defect in or failure of the Product be
attributable to misuse, abuse, accident, act of God such as lightning, or nonobservance of manufacturer's instructions on the part of the user. This Warranty
does not cover ordinary wear and tear in the Product or its parts.
2. Conair does not accept liability for
a. any loss or damage however suffered, caused by or arising out of any failure to
use the Product in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, and
b. any indirect, consequential or economic loss or damage however caused.
3. This Warranty is immediately void if -
a. Any serial number or appliance plate is removed or defaced
b. The Product has been serviced or otherwise repaired by a person not
authorised to do so by Conair or where non approved replacement parts are used.
4. The Product is designed for domestic use only. The Product must be connected
to the electrical voltage supply as specified in the ratings label located on the
Product. This Warranty does not cover defects arising from non-domestic use or
incorrect voltage supply
5. This Warranty may only be claimed against where proof of original purchase is
presented, for example, original receipt or invoice.
6. Any parts of the Product that need to be replaced, or if the whole Product needs
to be replaced, the replaced Product, become the property of Conair. The
Warranty on any replacement Product or parts will expire on the same date that
the Warranty Period on the original Product expires.
7. The benefits provided by this Warranty are in addition to all other rights and
remedies in respect of the Product which the Purchaser has under the Trade
Practices Act 1974 and/or any other applicable State and Territory Laws, and
applicable laws in New Zealand, which rights and remedies by law may not be
excluded. All other warranties and representations, express and implied, are
8. The Purchaser bears the onus of proving that the defect occurred during the
Warranty Period, and was not caused by any of the causes excluded from this
9. This Warranty does not cover Products purchased from any person who is not
a retailer serviced by Conair's authorised distributors or purchased second hand.
10. The Purchaser is responsible for all postage and freight charges and any other
expenses incidental to claiming against this Warranty.